The holiday season is the perfect moment to spend quality time together with your friends and family, whether it is around the fire or on holiday at the beach. If you are looking to spruce up these days and create a new tradition, we recommend trying out a new wine cocktail for the whole family. Whether you want to get warm or refreshed, you can take advantage of the fruit in season and create a delicious beverage for everyone to enjoy!
In case you have a bottle or two of wine in the cupboard, this is the time to get it out! You are sure to impress all of your guests with one of the two flavorful and easy-to-make cocktail recipes we are sharing today! With that said, keep on reading to find your new holiday tradition!
There’s nothing better in the colder months than a hot beverage to warm the soul. Mulled wine is a classic cocktail that people all over the globe love, so you can’t go wrong with this cozy drink for the holidays. Almost any wine can be used for a tasty mulled wine recipe, even white. But if you are going to the store specifically for this reason, we recommend choosing a fruity red like a Malbec or Ruby Port.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1 and a half-sliced orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 1-4 tablespoons of sugar (to taste)
- ¼ cups of brandy
- Mix all the ingredients into a saucepan.
- Heat up the pan over high heat until it starts to simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for another 20 minutes or so.
- Serve the mulled wine with a strainer and garnish with orange slices and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Holiday Cranberry Sangria
If you are looking for a cold beverage to accompany your meal, then this holiday-themed sangria is the perfect recipe for you. Using seasonal fruit in sangria is a great way to take advantage of the available resources, customize the taste, and get in the holiday spirit with a refreshing drink! This recipe works best with a white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, but feel free to experiment with sparkling, rose, and even red!
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- ⅓ cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 2 chopped apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼-½ cups of sugar (to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients in a big pitcher.
- Stir the sangria a couple of times, then set it in the refrigerator. Let the mixture refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Serve the beverage chilled, garnished with fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
Whether you prefer to warm yourself up with a cup of mulled wine or to get refreshed with a sweet glass of sangria, we are sure your holidays will be full of joy and beautiful moments. These drinks are best served with people, so do not forget to invite your friends and family over for a tasty holiday wine cocktail!